Latest from the Blog
- What I’ll Post:Strikes me this is as good a guide as any: It’s from Austin Kleon’s Show Your Work.
- What You Go Up, You’ve Got to Come DownOr, How I Ruined My Shoulders on Whitehorse Mountain When I think back on all the hikes I’ve done over the years, there are a few that stand out: The first summit of Mt. Baker, when we were too excited to sleep; finally making it up Glacier Peak, after bailing out on multiple earlier attempts … Continue reading What You Go Up, You’ve Got to Come Down
- Playing the Mask GameI’m not one of those anti-mask people, but I sure as hell hate wearing one. I hate the way it makes my glasses fog up, I hate the smell of my breath sometimes, I hate how hot it is on a hot day. But mostly I hate the way it makes us all act. From … Continue reading Playing the Mask Game
- Looks Like a Good Day to DieWhat it feels like when it rains in Seattle … I saw a car the other day with a New Mexico license plate and I nudged Sara and said, “They’re going to hate it here!” It’s an inside joke, a memory from the first weeks that we moved here from Albuquerque and still had New … Continue reading Looks Like a Good Day to Die
- 2020: The Year of Paying AttentionThis post is akin to my “Christmas letter” and it’s primarily intended for friends and family. The year began normally enough, with business travel. Two trips to San Francisco for work conferences and then four days of product management training in Salt Lake City. I felt like I was off to a roaring start, but … Continue reading 2020: The Year of Paying Attention